The questions and answers listed below cover the most common problems to a large extent.Our experience has shown that a quick check of the HELP-page can oftentimes help a lot quicker than an email to the NAK team.
List of the most frequently asked questions
- Why is there still my old picture though I deleted it?
- Is payment per creditcard really safe?
- Why isn´t my picture online yet?
- Why do I have to use a pseudonym?
- Why is my message limit reached?
- Safer surfing - how do I get Mozilla Firefox?
- Why does the system not recognize my postal code?
- Why don't I receive an email even though I have requested my password?
- I forgot my password - what can I do?
- I forgot my pseudonym - what can I do?
- Can I change my pseudonym?
- My account has been blocked despite of correct log-in data - What can I do?
- What does the error message „A pop-up has been blcoked..." mean?
- Will I be completely deleted automatically after my premium membership expires?
- Do I have to log-out via the log-out button?
- How can I change my eamil address?
- How can I contact the administrators?
- How do I know when I become a premium member?
- How quickly will my premium membership be activated? What can I do to speed up the process?
- Why does a system message tell me my session had expired directly after log-in? What can I do?
- Why do some buttons/functions not work even though I am a premium user
- What does the link "turn visible"/"turn invisible" on my profile do?
- What do the small icons in my inbox/outbox mean?
- What do the silver and the gold star mean?
- On the old page there was a categore "Requests", why not here?
- What is the difference between compact search and comfort search?W
- How do i clear my browsers cache?
- How can I repair my "List of questions"?
Why is there still my old picture though I deleted it?
If you have deleted your picture and it still appears, please try pushing Ctrl+F5 at the same time, it should reaload the page and show you the new picture then.
Why dist my picture not online yet?
All pics will be checked for seriosity and quality before being published manually by the administrator. Usually this happens the same day you´re uploading your picture.
Why do I have to use a pseudonym?
All members of nak-singles use pseudonyms to protect their privacy. So you should not give away too private details when choosing your pseudonym.
can only send two messages per 24h. Flirt messages count as normal messages. If your status changes from premium member to standard member, it takes 24 hours to reset the 24-hour-rhythm. During this time your message limit is exceeded if you have sent any messages as premium member during the last 24 hours.
Safer surfing - how do I get Mozilla Firefox?
The Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) is very popular but not very secure and stable. In particular older versions make troubles displaying websites correctly.
So we recommend using Mozillas Firefox.
Advantages of Firefox:
> Free software, rus on any operating systems.
> Firefox is faster and more secure than Internet Explorer.
> new Versions and updates react quickly to new security issues.
> many free addons like phishing filters, download managers, PDF tools, FTP tools, password managers, website preview tools, and plug-in music player...
If you want to use Firefox instead of IE, go to the download pages of Mozilla.
On company computers you may not be allowed to install Firefox. Ask your administrator, he should be wise enough to allow the installation and might even assist you.
Why does the system not recognize my postal code?
Our postal code database is very voluminous. Yet not every place in Germany is covered. It may also occur in foreign countries that there are no comparable postal codes or there is no according data available to us.
Problems often occur in large cities like Berlin where the postal codes range from 10001 to 14199. Please just enter a similar postal code in you basic information and safe it once. The system will then tell you whether or not it can assign a postal code.
Why do I not receive an email although I have requested my password?
1) Some users have a mailbox with a so-called webamiler (e.b. web.de,m yahoo, hotmail, gmx, etc.). There the inbox could be full. Please keep in mind that retrieving your mail through Outlook, Thunderbird or similar programs does not necessarily empty your mailbox with the webmailer!
2) The message could mistakingly have been labelled "unwished". Please check your folder for unwished meil regularly (these folders are also called "Junk" or "SPAM").
3) Perhaps you have filed a different email address with nak-singles.eu than the one you are checking. Especially when using several email addresses at the same time it is easy to get confused nowadays.
4) If there still shouldn't be any email please request your password anew and contact the administrator in case of further failure.
I forgot my password - what can I do?
Click on the button "Request new password?" on the top right of the www.nak-singles.eu front page and enter the email address you have filed with us during your registration. A new password will be sent to that email address momentarily.
to top of page
I forgot my Pseudonym - what can I do?
Click on the button "Forgot pseudonym?" on the top right of the www.nak-singles.eu front page and enter the email address you have filed with us during your registration. The existing pseudonym will be sent to that email address momentarily.
If you forgot what email address you have filed with us as well, you can create a new account using a DIFFERENT email address and a NEW pseudonym.
Can I change my pseudonym?
Due to technical reasons this is not possible. The pseudonym is a fix component of the dataset and serves as your customer ID. Solution: If you completely dislike your current pseudonym you always have the possibility of creating a new account with the desired pseudonym after deleting your current account ("My Account"/"Settings"). IOt is advisabe to print out your anwers to the questions first so that you can enter them quickly afterwards and recreate your profile.
to top of page
My account has been blocked despite of correct log-in data - what can I do?
Aoarently you have been blocked by the system. Please contact the administrator via the contact form.
to top of page
What does the error message "A pop-up has been blocked..." mean?
You need to have the function "Allow pop-ups" in your browser in order to use all services.
Will I be completely deleted automatically after my premium membershi expires?
No, after your premium membership expires your account will be automatically set back to a standard account. Premium functions will no longer be available to you. However you can upgrade to a premium membership again at any time.
How can I contact the administrators?
1. Send a message through the contact form. We aim to answer as quick as possible. Please have a little patience.
2. Call our customer hotline. Dial 09005 9005 11. This hotline incurs a fee (1,68€/min from a German landline - mobile fees may differ). This fee solely covers the provider costs and the costs for the employees involved.
3. In exceptional cases you can use our postal address which you will find in the Imprint.
We urge you to refrain from calling the Friedrich Bischoff publishing company since they merely host our advertisements for this website.
to top of page
How quickly will my premium membership be activated? What can I do to speed up the process?
The fastest way is a direkt transfer via Micropayment. The activation will follow within moments. You may also use Paypal. This transaction takes only a few minutes. Alternatively you can transfer the remittance to our bank account through your bank. The transfer will be visible to us one day after the remittance arrived and we will activate your account. Please keep in mind the business hours of the banks involved.
to top of page
Why does a system message tell me my session had expired directly after log-in? What can I do?
This messages comes as a result of an improper browser setting. In the following we will describe how to change these settings for the Internet Explorer as an example.
- Extras Internet Options General
- In the middle of the window open "temporary internet files" - check "with every access to the site" under "settings"
- confirm with "OK"
- confirm with "OK" again in the next window
With other search engines this change of settings can be done through very similar menu items
to top of page
Why do some buttons/functions not work even though I am a premium user?
After logging-in the buttons "Search" and "My Account" for example do not react and stay grey
This is how you change it for the Internet Explorer:
Extras -> Internet Options -> Security -> Adjust level -> Scripting -> Activate Active Scripting
...and for Mozilla FireFox:
The settings of other browser can be changed in a similar manner
to top of page
Invisible users will not be displayed in the "Who is online"-List and cannot be contacted by others via chat nor start chats themselves. Chats that had been initialized before turning invisible are not affected.
Message has been read
Message has been deleted by the recipient
Due to a relatively low demand we decided to significantly enhance this service and offer it once that is done. Please be a little patient, it will be worth it!
Detailed search provides more search parameters. That will make the the results more precise, but on the other hand many parameters lower the amount of hits in your search results.
Note: Problems logging-in after moving from nak-singles.de?
Your password from nak-singles.de will not be working here! You need to request a new password first.
Please proceed as follows:
1) go to http://nak-singles.eu/index.php/main/forgotPassword
2) enter your email address
3) a new password will be sent to that email address
4) Log on to nak-singles.eu
5) Please pay speacial attention to typing your pseudonym right regarding capital and low-case letters!
If you should not enter the new password by hand but copy and paste, please note: sometimes when copying an extra space might slip in at the end!
So please make sure that after entering the new password it will be displayed as 6 stars (letters and numbers) instead of 7 ******* and that there is no space behind the pseudonym.
You can change your password in your account after logging in. Go to My Accoun > Change Settings. You will receive another confirmation email afterwards.
Please let us know if we were of any help of if you need further assistance. email@example.com
How can i clear the browser´s cache?
Some websites may be displayed wrongly because you have to clear the cache of your browser. Here you find clear-the-cache how-tos for some browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer 8, 7, Firefox 3
Mac OS and Mac OS X: Safari, Firefox 3
In some of our members "List of questions" pages seem to exist multiple entries. Also the order of questions is not right all the time. To repair this, you have to copy and paste all your answers into a text editor on your pc, empty all question fields totally then save the "List of questions" page. Repeat emptying and saving until there are no answers left and the counters of all text fields show "320 characters left". Then fill in your right answers again. As with all online text fields, you must avoid copy-pasting texts from MS Word or other text editing software! It´s better to always paste it into a plain text editor first to remove all formatting. For assistance please contact our technical service.
If you should not be able to find an answer to your question you can contact us directly.